Thursday, January 27, 2011

long time no talk

Well Hello!

I know it has been a while! It has just been a busy couple of months I could say. This entry is just going to be a little recap of what has been going on the past two months.

Well, finals actually went really well! I was actually really shocked, I finally feel like I am actually getting the hang of this whole going to college and being smart thing. Or at least trying to be smart. I really didn't realize how prestigious BYU was until I started going to school. SO MANY.... I mean TOO many smart people here. Sometimes it makes me feel a little bad about myself. But it's alright, now that I am getting the hang of it, I am actually somewhat enjoying to learn. (Wow, I never thought I would say that.) But anyways, after finals I went back to Colorado, seriously there is no place like home! I love being home, you really learn to appreciate home cooked meals, and family when you go home. It was so good to see my family and everyone is growing up so fast. It makes me sad! I wish I could see my siblings grow up, I am missing the major parts in their life. :( I saw my 3 besties, so good to swim with them and also see our infamous coach Matt Beck. He misses us so much, so funny to see how much he misses us. Christmas was great I got a new phone FINALLY! And guess what??! DATA PLAN! Yeah I can now twitter and check facebook on my phone! Super exciting! ;)

I was super sad to leave my familia, I wish I could have had another week with them but duty calls or should I say.... Christmas training calls? Training was well, training. It was nice to just eat, sleep and swim. It was great to be with the team, it was super tiring but it has been helping us a lot. Not gonna lie though, I am ready for taper, I think everyone is ready!! SO SOON! Less than a month! Crazy! This season has gone by so fast! The team has been doing great! We have won every dual meet we have had so far this year, we have two more and than conference bound!

My new classes are going great. I am in my Intro to Broadcasting class and I am really liking it. I am starting to get a little nervy (yes nervy) about applying to the program though. It is very competitive and I hope that I can get into it. I will be applying next fall so we will see how that will go. All I can do is try my hardest right?

Last but not least..... I officially got accepted to the volunteer at the orphanage in ECUADOR!! Super STOKED! I am leaving April 21st. Sad thing is that I am staying for only 4 weeks. I much rather stay 8, but I need to get back and work, train and go to school, gosh being an adult sucks, since when did I have to start being responsible? Sometimes growing up sucks. But anyways, I am super excited it will be so good for me. I feel like I have been needing something like this for a while. I am sure it will be life changing, I am ready for it! I get my package of all the info soon..... more UPDATES TO COME!!

Well....past two months in a nut shell!! Busy huh? Obviously I have been hanging out with the team and my roomies. (don't worry, I still have a social life.) I am missing my two friends Abby and Camille who are living it up in Spain, so jealous. But what can ya do? Alright well that is all for now. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment